Parrots are tropical birds that are often kept as pets, their intelligence, beauty, dexterity and great companionship have made them highly interactive animals.
In our Park, we feature a wide variety of Parrots, some of which were either rescued or donated, others adopted – there have also been a great amount of domestic birds that found their way to our Park and were kept for treatment before finding a forever home.
In our Park,you can find Blue and Gold Macaws, orange Winged Amazons, Green Winged Macaws and a great Aviary full of Budgies, Cockatiels and Love Birds.
During the Parrot Presentation, you will meet a number of our star Parrots, including; Mac who is more than 42 years old and shows off his dexterity skills in a visual challenge. He has been with us the longest.
Ariel who flies above the crowd – back and forth to our devoted Animal Carers and Rio who demonstrates the strength and skills Macaws have to climb and manipulate objects.
The Parrot Interaction session is a 15 minute session where you will be able to touch the animals and even learn a few skills to interact with them better.
Here you will also feed the animals and enter the Aviary to fully experience the magic of the wonderful birds in our Park.
- There are over 390 different species of parrots around the world forming part of the Order Psittaciformes. Budgies and Cockatiel both belong to the Parrot Order and are common pets.
- Parrots have strong beaks that can crack through a walnut.
- Parrots have strong legs and clawed feet that help them to climb across tree branches, rope and other surfaces.
- Parrots are thought to be one of the most intelligent species of birds in the world – they can even imitate a person’s voice.
- Parrots can live up to 80 years old – some kept as pets even outlive their owners. Parrot require a lot of care and attention; so choosing a Parrot as a pet may not be ideal to some.